Knowledge and Skills & Gap Analysis Templates
The following are links to the following Career Clusters Pathway Knowledge and Skills Statement and Gap Analysis Templates developed for Montana Big Sky Pathways. You can click on the link at the top of each cluster to find sample Program of Study sheets on careertech.org, along with knowledge and skill statements for each cluster and pathway. You can also find Gap Analysis Templates for each cluster and pathway by clicking the appropriate pathway link below.
The production, processing, marketing, distribution, financing, and development of agricultural commodities and resources including food, fiber, wood products, natural resources, horticulture, and other plant and animal products/resources.
- Agriculture, Food, & Natural Resources - Cluster Level Knowledge & Skills Statements
- Food Products and Processing Systems
- Plant Systems
- Animal Systems
- Power, Structural & Technical Systems
- Natural Resources Systems
- Environmental Service Systems
- Agribusiness Systems
Careers in designing, planning, managing, building and maintaining the built environment.
- Architecture & Construction - Cluster Level Knowledge & Skill Statements
- Skills USA Carpentry
Designing, producing, exhibiting, performing, writing, and publishing multimedia content including visual and performing arts and design, journalism, and entertainment services.
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communications - Cluster Level Knowledge & Skill Statement
- Audio and Video Technology and Film
- Printing Technology
- Visual Arts
- Performing Arts
- Journalism and Broadcasting
Careers in planning, organizing, directing and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations.
- Business Management & Administration - Cluster Level Knowledge & Skill Statements
- General Management
- Business Information Management
- Human Resources Management
- Operations Management
- Administrative Support
Planning, managing and providing education and training services, and related learning support services.
- Education & Training - Cluster Level Knowledge & Skill Statements
- Administration and Administrative Support
- Professional Support Services
Planning and performing government functions at the local, state and federal levels, including governance, national security, foreign service, planning, revenue and taxation, and regulations.
- Government & Public Administration - Cluster Level Knowledge & Skill Statements
- National Security
- Foreign Service
- Revenue and Taxation
- Public Management and Administration
Planning, managing, and providing therapeutic services, diagnostic services, health informatics, support services, and biotechnology research and development.
- Health Sciences - Cluster Level Knowledge & Skill Statements
- Therapeutic Services
- Diagnostic Services
- Health Informatics
- Support Services
- Biotechnology Research and Development
Hospitality & Tourism encompasses the management, marketing and operations of restaurants and other food services, lodging, attractions, recreation events and travel related services.
- Hospitality & Tourism - Cluster Level Knowledge & Skill Statements
- Restaurants and Food/Beverage Services
- Travel & Tourism
- Recreation, Amusements & Attractions
Preparing individuals for employment in career pathways that relate to families and human needs such as counseling and mental health services, family and community services, personal care, and consumer services.
- Human Services - Cluster Level Knowledge & Skill Statements
- Early Childhood Development & Services
- Counseling & Mental Health Services
- Family & Community Services
- Personal Care Services
- Consumer Services
Building linkages in IT occupations for entry level, technical, and professional careers related to the design, development, support and management of hardware, software, multimedia and systems integration services.
- Information Technology - Cluster Level Knowledge & Skill Statements
- Network Systems
- Information Support and Services
- Web and Digital Communications
- Programming and Software Development
Planning, managing, and providing legal, public safety, protective services and homeland security, including professional and technical support services.
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security - Cluster Level Knowledge & Skill Statements
- Correction Services
- Emergency and Fire Management Services
- Security & Protective Services
- Law Enforcement Services
- Legal Services
Planning, managing and performing the processing of materials into intermediate or final products and related professional and technical support activities such as production planning and control, maintenance and manufacturing/process engineering.
- Manufacturing - Cluster Level Knowledge & Skill Statements
- Manufacturing Production Process Development
- Maintenance, Installation & Repair
- Quality Assurance
- Logistics & Inventory Control
- Health, Safety and Environmental Assurance
- Skills USA Welding
- Skills USA Precision Machining
Planning, managing, and providing scientific research and professional and technical services (e.g., physical science, social science, engineering) including laboratory and testing services, and research and development services.
Planning, management, and movement of people, materials, and goods by road, pipeline, air, rail and water and related professional and technical support services such as transportation infrastructure planning and management, logistics services, mobile equipment and facility maintenance.
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics - Cluster Level Knowledge & Skill Statements
- Transportation Operations
- Logistics Planning and Management Services
- Warehousing and Distribution Center Operations
- Facility and Mobile Equipment Maintenance
- Transportation Systems, Infrastructure, Planning, Management and Regulation
- Health, Safety and Environmental Management
- Sales and Service
- Skills USA - Automotive Worksheet