Federal Pell Grant

Federal Pell Grants are awarded to students who have not earned a bachelor’s or any other professional degree. In order to be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant a student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

The maximum Pell Grant award for the 2012-13 award year is $5,550. The amount you receive will depend on your financial need, your costs to attend school, your status as a full-time or part-time student, and your plans to attend school for a full academic year or less.

Note: The maximum award amount is given for any Pell Grant eligible student whose parent or guardian died as a result of military service in Iraq or Afghanistan after Sept.11, 2001. You must be under 24 years old or enrolled at least part-time in college at the time of your parent's or guardian's death.

If you received a Pell Grant for the first time on or after July 1, 2008, you can only receive the Pell Grant for up to 18 semesters or the equivalent. To learn more about the Federal Pell Grant visit Federal Student Aid, an office of the U.S. Department of Education

Home        Privacy & Security       Accessibility        Contact Us       State Authorization       Search       Site Index

Montana University System • Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education
2500 Broadway Street • PO Box 203201 • Helena, MT 59620-3201 • 406-444-6570

Copyright 2016 Montana University System. All Rights Reserved.