DATE: January 11, 2002
TO: Board of Regents
FROM: Terry Hetrick
President, Dawson Community College
RE: Campus Report for the January 17-18, 2002 Board of Regents’ Meeting
· On December 1 and 2, 2001, the DCC Fine and Performing Arts program conducted its annual “Madrigal.” This popular event, attracting 250 attendees, features medieval entertainment and a dinner. Now in its tenth year, the Madrigal has become a showcase event for the performing arts program at the college.
· On Monday, January 7, 2002, DCC hosted the “Career Connections” conference for over 400 Tech Prep, high school students. In addition, a workshop on career inventory systems was conducted for high school teachers and counselors who accompanied these students.
· The DCC Law Enforcement faculty conducted a Reserve Officer Training program from January 7 – 12, 2002 for twenty-seven individuals. This is the largest program enrollment in many years.
· On January 10 and 11, 2002, five Dawson Community College staff members attended the Two-Year College Conference conducted in Helena. The focus of this conference was the role of two-year colleges in the State’s economic development efforts.
· The recent creation of a Facilities Expansion Committee by the DCC Board of Trustees has initiated the development of a comprehensive facilities master plan for the college. This ad hoc committee has been charged with the responsibility of identifying and documenting college facility needs and developing a plan of action to meet those needs over the next several years.