DATE: May 15, 2001
TO: Board of Regents
FROM: Terry Hetrick
President, Dawson Community College
RE: Campus Report for the May 17-18, 2001 Board of Regents’ Meeting
· The DCC Men’s Rodeo Team were awarded the title of Big Sky Region Champions in Missoula with five individual contestants winning champion saddles: Calf Roping, Steer Wrestling, All-Around Cowboy; Saddle Bronc Riding, and Bull Riding. Beau Franzen won three of these five awards.
· The DCC Women’s Fast Pitch Softball Team won the title of District “C” Region Champions in a tournament conducted in Grand Rapids, Minnesota and have advanced to the NJCAA Division III World Series commencing May 17 in Arnold, Maryland.
· The DCC Men’s Baseball Team won the title of Regional XIII Champions in a tournament conducted in Wilmer, Minnesota and have advanced to the NJCAA Division III World Series commencing May 19 in Batavia, New York.
· On April 20th and 21st, a conference focused on Diversity was held on the DCC campus. Nationally recognized speakers such as Jesus Vellahermosa, Gerri Lahunetz, and Judy Branum were featured. The program was a collaborative effort between the Glendive Public Schools, Domestic Violence, Head Start, Dawson County Health Partnership, Prairie View Special Services, and the DCC Early Childhood Education program. Approximately 200 – 250 people attended the conference.
· Mr. Ralph Lenhart, Representative of House District 2, was the speaker at DCC’s Sixtieth Annual Commencement conducted on Friday, May 11. The college awarded over 100 associate degrees and vocational certificates during the 2000-2001 academic year. Approximately 75 students attended graduation exercises.