MILES COMMUNITY COLLEGE
“Home of the Pioneers”
DATE: September 2001
TO: Board of Regents
FROM: Darrel L. Hammon, President, Miles Community College
RE: Campus Report for Miles Community College
· MCC is again partnering with Custer County Art Center and Miles City Public Library in presenting the Miles City Speakers Bureau. James Welch, Ruth McLaughlin, Kathleen Meyer and Dave Romtvedt, historians, authors, and musicians, will present this semester.
· MCC’s and Rocky Mountain College’s first 2+2 Information Technology degree partnership began Fall 2001. The 2+2 program allows MCC’s two-year Information Technology/Computer Science students to transition into Rocky’s four-year Informational Technology program. Rocky offers this program on MCC’s campus.
· Students have been extremely busy this semester. They provided a day for horseback riding for the international students. Student Senate sponsored a BBQ and participated in Playfair, an opportunity for students to become acquainted with each other. The International Club created their favorite desserts in the annual “Dessert Party.”
· Enrollment: Summer enrollment at MCC was up although fall numbers are down. MCC had a successful Kids’ College during, the summer. MCC graduated 50 GED students during FY200I
· Tad Torgerson, MCC graduate and most recently a practicing CPA in North Dakota, has been appointed Financial Aid Director.
· Mary Quintas, Nursingfaculty, is showing her “Water, Water, Water Everywhere and Nary a Drop to Drink” watercolor collection at the Willow Gallery in Miles City.
· MCC has initiated a Facilities Management Planning Group. We should complete the plan by March 1, 2002.
· MCC is sponsoring the MCC Educators Conference, October 18-19, 2002.
“Start Here...Go Anywhere”.
2715 Dickinson Miles City MT 59301 (406) 234-3031 Fax (406) 234-3598
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY IN EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT