November 16-17, 2000
ITEM 109-104-R1100 Board of Regents Policy and Procedures Manual: Governance and Organization, Section 203.2.2: Board of Regents; Meeting Notice, and Section 201.7: Bylaws, (Revised).
1. The secretary shall notify each member
by mail of scheduled
meetings approximately seven days in advance.
2. In an effort to provide effective notice of the Board of Regents' meetings, interested parties will be notified approximately seven days before regularly scheduled meetings in accordance with the following procedures.
3. In the event the Board finds it necessary to hold an emergency or special meeting, such notice as is practicable in the circumstances shall be given. At a minimum, this shall include notification of the press.
1. The Commissioner of Higher Education will provide
prior to the Board meeting a notice stating the time, place and agenda of Board
and committee meetings. The notice shall specify that the public may
attend the Board and committee meetings and comment on the issues or submit
2. As soon as practical thereafter presidents and chancellors will
communicate this notice to students, faculty, and other university employees
seven days in advance of the Board meeting by a method of communication
which is effective on the particular campus.
3.The Commissioner will provide
Board Bylaws (Policy 201.7)
ARTICLE V. Meetings
The board shall meet not less than quarterly.
Other meetings may be called by the governor, the chair of the board, the secretary or on the request of four appointed members.
The secretary shall notify each member
by mail of scheduled meetings at
least seven days in advance.