ITEM 111-1002-R0501 ††††† Student Computer Fee Allocation; The University of Montana-Missoula
THAT:††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Consistent with the provisions of Board of Regentsí Policy 940.23, the Board of Regents authorizes The University of Montana to expend Student Computer Fee funds for the following projects that exceed the local approval threshold:
1. Computing and Information Services - 85 PCs for General Access Labs ($65,850);
2. Pharmacy and Allied Health - 15 PCs, 4 PDAs, Printers, and Software ($43,205);
3. Mathematical Sciences - 16 PCs, Server, and Software ($37,300);
4. Geology & Physics/Astronomy - 13 Macs and Software ($28,137); and
5. College of Technology, Computer Technology - 20 PCs ($28,000).
EXPLANATION:†††††††††††††††† Board of Regentsí Policy 940.23 requires Board approval of all purchases from Computer Fee funds over $25,000.† The Student Computer Fee Committee, whose membership includes 50 percent students as required by Board Policy, developed and endorsed this proposal unanimously.