ITEM 111-103-R0501 Board of Regents Policy and Procedures Manual: Personnel
Section 707: Classification System (Revised)
1. The state classification system
shall apply to all non-academic employees of Montana University System not on
individual Board of Regents' contracts.
2. The Commissioner of Higher Education
may secure from the Department of Administration technical assistance for the
administration of the classification system.
3. The Board of Regents, through the
Commissioner, retains the right to determine the number and classes of
4. Nothing in this policy is intended
to divest the Board of Regents of any of its authority under Article X, Section
9, of the Constitution of the State of Montana.
1. University system positions that were previously subject to the state classification system shall be converted to the alternative classification and compensation system hereinafter referred to as the Montana Achievement Project (MAP) beginning on July 1, 2001.
2. The schedule and effective date for
the conversion to MAP shall be determined by the Presidents in consultation with the Chancellors and Deans of the
Colleges of Technology for non-union
positions on the
ir appropriate campuses. The
Commissioner of Higher Education shall set the schedule for conversion to MAP
for positions in the OCHE.
3. The effective date for conversion to MAP for positions subject to collective bargaining shall be determined through negotiations.
5. 4. This
policy does not apply to work study or other student employment programs nor to
Item 3-901-R1273, Authorization for Commissioner of Higher Education to cooperate with State Personnel Bureau, December 10, 1973 (Rescinded); Item 16-005-R0577, Policy regarding state classification system, state pay plan and coordination of classified collective bargaining, July 11, 1977, as amended June 25, 1979 and June 20, 1986.