July 12-13, 2001
ITEM 112-1013-R0701 ††††† Student Computer Fee Allocation; The University of Montana-Missoula
THAT:††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Consistent with the provisions of Board of Regentsí Policy 940.23, the Board of Regents authorizes The University of Montana to expend Student Computer Fee funds for the following projects that exceed the local approval threshold:
1. Employ students in support of departmental computer labs ($120,000);
2. Employ students for departmental instructional technology support in web development and maintenance, desktop support, systems administration, and assisting faculty with using technology in instruction ($95,000);
3. Employ students in support of general access computer labs ($90,000);
4. Employ students to coordinate and manage a student technology assistant program ($25,000);
5. Employ students in support of the central campus Help Desk ($25,000); and
6. Employ students for central web student support projects in non-academic departments ($20,000).
EXPLANATION:†††††††††††††††† Board of Regentsí Policy 940.23 requires Board approval of all purchases from Computer Fee funds over $25,000.† The Student Computer Fee Committee, whose membership includes 50 percent students as required by Board Policy, endorses this proposal.