Summary of the Tentative Agreement
Montana University System
AFSCME Local 441
Montana State University-Bozeman
Livestock and Range Research Laboratory
Modify the 2001-2003 collective bargaining agreement as follows.
1. Article XII, Section A. Health Insurance – Employer’s Contribution
Add the following new sentence: ”Once an employee has received four (4) months of the employer contribution to health insurance while on a workers’ compensation leave of absence, the employee must wait an additional two (2) years before becoming eligible to receive this benefit for a second time.”
2. Article XI. Leaves of Absence Without Pay
Add the following to subsection A: “None of the time while on a leave of absence without pay shall count towards fulfilling the probationary period. Seniority shall cease to accrue during a leave of absence in excess of 30 calendar days unless the leave of absence is because the employee was called into active military service.”
3. Article XV, Section 6.a. Grievance Procedure
Change “five (5) names” to “seven (7) names” in the first sentence.
4. Article XXI. Term of Agreement, Sections A and B
Change “2001” to “2003” and change “2003” to “2005.” In subsection B, delete the last sentence.
5. Addendum A. Revise as follows:
1. Employees shall continue their participation in the Montana University System Achievement Program.
2. Effective June 30, 2004, employees shall be eligible for .5% Achievement Pay. The award of Achievement Pay on June 30, 2004 follows the Performance Development Cycle that commences on approximately July 1, 2003 and ends on May 31, 2004.
3. Effective June 30, 2005, employees shall be eligible for .5% Achievement Pay. The award of Achievement Pay on June 30, 2005 follows the Performance Development Cycle that commences on June 1, 2004 and ends on May 31, 2005.
4. Effective January 1, 2005, employees shall receive a 25 cent per hour salary increase.
5. In addition to the salary increases specified above, employees may be eligible for additional forms of pay increases as outlined in the Guide to the MUS Achievement Program (MAP) such as: lump sum awards, strategic pay, and progression pay.
6. Addendum B.
Delete last sentence.