SUMMARY OF TENTATIVE AGREEMENT
MONTANA UNIVERSITH SYSTEM
MONTANA NURSES ASSOCIATION
1. 5.8 INSURANCE COVERAGE
Change to read: “The employer contribution to group health insurance benefits shall be made for full-time and permanent part-time employees working twenty (20) or more hours and who regularly work more than six (6) months per year. The employer contribution to health insurance for eligible employees shall be $410.00 per month for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2004, and $460.00 per month for fiscal year ending June 30, 2005.
In the event an employee sustains a workers’ compensation injury while employed at a unit of the university system, the employee is eligible to receive up to four (4) months of the employer’s contribution towards group health insurance. Employees who have been employed for less than four (4) years are eligible to receive this benefit once in a two (2) year period. Employees who have been employed for four (4) or more years are eligible to receive the benefit twice in a two (2) year period. For purposes of this benefit, the two (2) year period shall commence at the time of injury.”
2. 6.7 UNPAID LEAVE
Change the last sentence to read: “Seniority will not accrue during an unpaid leave of absence in excess of thirty (30) calendar days unless the leave of absence was because the employee was called to active military duty.”
3. 9.1 SENIORITY AND PROBATIONARY PERIOD DEFINED
Add the following new sentence between the first and second sentences in the first paragraph: “No time on leave without pay may be considered for probationary period purposes.”
Change the second sentence in the second paragraph as follows: “Seniority shall cease to accrue if an employee is laid off, transferred or promoted our of the bargaining unit or during a leave without pay in excess of thirty (30) calendar days unless the leave without pay was because the employee was called to active military duty.”
4. 13.1 CONTRACT TERM
Change “2001” to “2003” and change “2003” to “2005”
A. Delete Addendum A.
B. Revise Addendum B as follows.
“1. Employees shall continue to be covered by the Montana University System Achievement Program (MAP).
2. The minimum salary for a Registered Nurse is $16.08.
3. Effective June 30, 2004, employees shall be eligible for .5% Achievement Pay. The award of Achievement Pay on June 30, 2004 follows the Performance Development Cycle that commences on approximately July 1, 2003 and ends on May 31, 2004.
4. Effective June 30, 2005, employees shall be eligible for .5% Achievement Pay. The award of Achievement pay on June 30, 2005 follows the Performance Development Cycle that commences on June 1, 2004 and ends on May 31, 2005.
5. Effective January 1, 2005, employees shall receive a 25 cent per hour salary increase.
6. In addition to the salary increases specified above, employees may be eligible for additional forms of pay increases as outlined in the Guide to the MUS Achievement Program (MAP) such as: lump sum awards, strategic pay, and progression pay.
7. Salary increases (to 16.08) are retroactive to July 1, 2003.”
6. Add the following new memorandum of understanding.
“A partial tuition waiver benefit will be piloted for bargaining unit employees during FY 2005. Such benefit shall be administered in accordance with Regent policy.”