Mission of Montana State University Great Falls, College of Technology
Montana State University Great Falls, College of Technology, a student-centered two-year college, provides quality educational opportunities responsive to community needs.
Montana State University-Great Falls College of Technology is aAs a public postsecondarytwo-year educational institutioncollege affiliated with Montana State University-Bozeman, the CollegeMontana State University-Great Falls College of Technology is committed to a dual mission: providing viable technical education to prepare individuals for work in a technologically driven global economy and providing learning opportunities to enhance educational access to the Montana University System.
Montana State University-Great Falls College of Technology, utilizing the delivery of course offerings on-campus as well as at appropriate off-campus sites and through electronic technology, has an academic mission to:
· award Associate of Applied Science Degrees or Certificates in the career areas of
AlliedHealth Sciences and Business and Technology;
· award Associate Degrees for transfer to four-year programs;
· offer general education courses reflective of the core curriculum requirements at Montana State University-Bozeman as well as those of the Montana University System;
· offer courses, seminars, workshops, and customized training to meet the educational needs of individuals, businesses, and other populations.
Montana State University-Great Falls College of Technology is a teaching institution that:
· provides beneficial and accessible technical education for training or retraining in high demand career fields to meet present and emerging employment needs;
· provides quality general core transfer courses and associate degrees parallel to the first two years of a four-year degree;
· stresses a student-centered approach to the delivery of educational services;
· promotes equal opportunity in education for all students;
· engages in community service and technical assistance activities.
Montana State University-Great Falls College of Technology designs its programs and demonstrate competence in technical and related subject matter to attain lifelong career goals;
· demonstrate intellectual skills to realize advancement in higher education;
· acquire the knowledge and skills to live a productive life while achieving a balance between career, personal life, and service to others;
· analyze problems and identify and evaluate important information resources;
· recognize the importance of lifelong learning, and gain the confidence to be a self-directed learner;
· think critically with a sensitivity to the human community and the ethics of the physical world;
· discover personal potential, and respect the uniqueness of others.
Montana State University-Great Falls College of Technology is committed to strengthening access to public postsecondary educational opportunities through the administration of the Great Falls Higher Education Center; maintenance of a contemporary telecommunications complex; and expansion of collaborative relationships with secondary and postsecondary institutions as well as with appropriate business, government, and human service entities to ensure the most effective use of resources.