TO: Montana Board of Regents
FROM: Kathy Crego, Director
Labor Relations and Human Resources
RE: Approval of Tentative Agreement with International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
DATE: May 19-20, 2005
Attached is a summary of the tentative agreement reached with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW). The tentative agreement was ratified by members of the bargaining unit and includes modifications made to the prior agreement. The entire collective bargaining agreement is available at the Montana University System web site.
The IBEW bargaining unit is comprised of approximately 20 journeyman and foreman electricians at MSU-Billings, UM-Missoula, and MSU-Bozeman
Major changes include:
· Wage increases in accordance with HB 447—3.5 percent and 4.0 percent effective October 1, 2005, and October 1, 2006, respectively.
· Conversion of foreman pay from flat dollar amount to percentage.
· Continuation the Dependent Partial Tuition Waiver.
· Change in the probationary period for new employees from four months to six months.
· Modification of wage differentials for employees holding two levels of fire alarm certification: 3.0 percent for manufacturer’s certification and 5.0 percent for NICET Level II certification.
· Establish apprentice electrician program.
Other modifications were made for reasons for clarification and/or contract housekeeping.
I recommend approval of the tentative agreement with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.