TO: Montana Board of Regents
FROM: Kathy Crego, Director
Labor Relations and Human Resources
RE: Approval of Tentative Agreement with The International Union of Operating Engineers Local #400
DATE: May 19-20, 2005
Attached is a summary of the tentative agreement reached with The International Union of Operating Engineers Local #400. The tentative agreement was ratified by members of the bargaining unit and includes modifications made to the prior agreement. The entire collective bargaining agreement is available at the Montana University System web site.
This bargaining unit is comprised of 28 stationary engineers, maintenance engineers, and supervisors at UM-Missoula, Montana Tech, UM-Dillon, and MSU-Bozeman.
Major changes include:
· Wage increases in accordance with HB 447—3.5 percent and 4.0 percent effective October 1, 2005, and October 1, 2006, respectively.
· Change in number of grievance committee members required.
· Continuation the Dependent Partial Tuition Waiver.
· Establishment of Labor-Management Committees.
· Increased health insurance contributions in accordance with statute.
· Clarification and adjustment of classification levels and job titles at each campus.
Other modifications were made for reasons for clarification and/or contract housekeeping.
I recommend approval of the tentative agreement with the International Union of Operating Engineers Local #400.