TO: Montana Board of Regents
FROM: Kathy Crego, Director
Labor Relations and Human Resources
RE: Approval of Tentative Agreement with Butte Teamsters Local No. 2
DATE: July 14-15, 2005
Attached is a summary of the tentative agreement reached with Butte Teamsters Local No. 2. The tentative agreement was ratified by members of the bargaining unit and includes modifications made to the prior agreement. The entire collective bargaining agreement is available at the Montana University System web site.
This bargaining unit is comprised of approximately 109 custodial and food service employees and MSU-Bozeman.
Major changes include:
· Wage increases in accordance with HB 447—3.5 percent and 4.0 percent effective October 1, 2005, and October 1, 2006, respectively. Implementation of minimum wage of $8.25 per hour.
· Conversion from State Pay Plan to Montana University System Staff Compensation Plan.
· Continuation the Dependent Partial Tuition Waiver.
· Increased health insurance contributions in accordance with statute.
· Additional hourly pay for employees trained, certified, and assigned duty of asbestos abatement
Other modifications were made for reasons for clarification and/or contract housekeeping.
I recommend approval of the tentative agreement with the Butte Teamsters Union Local No. 2.