TO: Montana Board of Regents
FROM: Kathy Crego, Director
Labor Relations and Human Resources
RE: Approval of Tentative Agreement with The International Union of Operating Engineers Local #400, Colleges of Technology
DATE: July 14-15, 2005
Attached is a summary of the tentative agreement reached with The International Union of Operating Engineers Local #400, Colleges of Technology. The tentative agreement was ratified by members of the bargaining unit and includes modifications made to the prior agreement. The entire collective bargaining agreement is available at the Montana University System web site.
This bargaining unit is comprised of 28 maintenance workers, custodians, and food service staff at the Colleges of Technology of Montana Tech, MSU-Billings, MSU-Great Falls, and UM-Missoula.
Major changes include:
· Conversion from State pay plan to Montana University System Staff Compensation Plan.
· Wage increases in accordance with HB 447—3.5 percent or $1,005 annually, whichever is greater and 4.0 percent or $1,188 annually, whichever is greater, effective October 1, 2005, and October 1, 2006, respectively.
· Minimum wage of $8.25 per hour effective October 1, 2005.
· Change in number of grievance committee members required.
· Continuation the Dependent Partial Tuition Waiver.
· Provision of prescription safety glasses, if needed.
Increased health insurance contributions in accordance with statute.
Other modifications were made for reasons for clarification and/or contract housekeeping.
I recommend approval of the tentative agreement with the International Union of Operating Engineers Local #400, Colleges of Technology.