TO: Montana Board of Regents
FROM: Kathy Crego, Director
Labor Relations and Human Resources
RE Approval of Tentative Agreement with The Vocational Technical Educators of Montana (VTEM)
DATE: July 14-15, 2005
Attached is a summary of the tentative agreement reached with The Vocational Technical Educators of Montana (VTEM). The tentative agreement was ratified by members of the bargaining unit and includes modifications made to the prior agreement. The entire collective bargaining agreement is available at the Montana University System web site.
This bargaining unit is comprised of approximately 85 faculty members at Billings, Butte, and Great Falls Colleges of Technology.
Major changes include:
· Wage increases of 3.5 percent and 4.0 percent effective October 1, 2005, and October 1, 2006, respectively.
· Campus flexibility in number of Union/Management Committee members.
· Continuation the Dependent Partial Tuition Waiver.
· Clarification of use of Instructional Related days at each campus
· Campus Union/Management Committees to discuss workload prior to March 2006
Other modifications were made for reasons for clarification and/or contract housekeeping.
I recommend approval of the tentative agreement with The Vocational Technical Educators of Montana.