TO: Montana Board of Regents
FROM: Kevin McRae, Director
Labor Relations and Human Resources
RE: Approval of Tentative Agreement with The University Faculty Association, The University of Montana
DATE: July 14-15, 2005
Attached is a summary of the tentative agreement reached with The University Association, The University of Montana. The tentative agreement was ratified by members of the bargaining unit. The entire collective bargaining agreement is available at the Montana University System web site.
This bargaining unit is comprised of approximately 570 faculty members at The University of Montana-Missoula.
Major changes include:
· Wage increases in accordance with HB 447—3.5 percent and 4.0 percent effective October 1, 2005, and October 1, 2006, respectively.
· Four-year contract term; compensation only negotiated at end of two years.
· Timeline established for notice of UFA executive board and Faculty Senate assignments.
· Continuation the Dependent Partial Tuition Waiver.
· Specify availability of course syllabi.
· Clarify appointment as instructor non-tenurable and instructor appointment not allowable toward credit for probationary service.
Other modifications were made for reasons for clarification and/or contract housekeeping.
I recommend approval of the tentative agreement with The University Faculty Association, The University of Montana.