March 22-23, 2001
ITEM 110-104-R0301������ Board of Regents Policy and Procedures Manual:� Academic Affairs Section 320.2:� Accreditation; Montana University System units and community colleges� (Revised)
1. The campuses of Montana University System and the community colleges under the supervision of the Board of Regents must maintain accreditation by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Colleges.
2. Institutions may apply, with the concurrence of the Commissioner of
Higher Education, for accreditation of professional programs by agencies
recognized by the
Council on Postsecondary Accreditation Council on
Higher Education Accreditation.
1. A copy of any self-evaluation or other information document submitted in connection with an accreditation review shall be filed with the Commissioner of Higher Education.
2. The Commissioner of Higher Education shall be notified by the president, chancellor or dean of all site visits by accreditation agencies.
3. The Commissioner of Higher Education or designee shall be given an opportunity to meet with the accreditation committee and/or participate in the exit conference.
4. A copy of each site visit report, accreditation report or accreditation status letter received by the unit shall be sent to the Commissioner of Higher Education.
5. The Commissioner shall report to the Board, through its Academic and Student Affairs Committee, on each accreditation visit or change in accreditation status.