May 29, 30, 2003
Amendment of Policy 940.12
Policy 940.12.1 - Annual fee and tuition approval
inventory; Disclosure of total cost of attendance; Montana University System
1. Approval of a schedule of fees and tuition will be done once a year; generally in the meetings of May or July.� Requests for approval of fees or tuition at other times will only be entertained upon a demonstration of extenuating circumstances.�
An annual inventory and validation of miscellaneous fees and charges for the campuses of the Montana University System shall be submitted as a part of the annual operating budget presentations.
2. Each request to approve fees or tuition shall contain a statement of the total cost of attendance.� The statement shall be based on the annual charges likely to be assessed against a typical full time resident student� and a typical full time non-resident student for tuition, fees, board, room and books on the campuses affected by the fee and tuition changes.�
Annual consolidated schedules of per credit hour fee charges for campuses of the Montana University System shall be submitted as a part of the annual operating budget presentations.
Amendment of Policy 506.1
Policy 506.1 - Student Participation in Fee Decisions
The associated student governments of the Montana University System will be given opportunity to take part in discussion with the Board of Regents concerning any changes in tuition or fees. Before approving or increasing any fee, the Board of Regents will give the duly constituted student government organization the opportunity to express student opinion regarding the fee. Such expression will be based on formal actions of the student senate or a student referendum.
- Each associated student government of the Montana University System will be sent notification of proposed changes in the aforementioned fees and the individual institutions will make a formal presentation to the respective associated governments prior to the time the Board of Regents is notified of these proposals.
- Included in the individual campus request for proposed changes in the aforementioned fees to the Board of Regents will be a copy of the notification to the associated student government and documentation of the formal presentation. It is the intent of the Board of Regents to not entertain any proposals regarding any fee changes or initiation of new fees without the aforementioned notification and documentation of the presentation.
Except under extenuating circumstances, it is the intent of the Board of Regents to approve changes in the aforementioned fees at a Board meeting held during the normal academic year.
- The Board of Regents, in its deliberations on fee changes or initiation of new fees, will review any information presented to the Board by the associated student governments.