The University of Montana Western Chancellor Search
Board of Regents and Commissioner Charge to the Search Advisory Committee
December 16, 2020
- The Advisory Search Committee shall assist and advise the Board of Regents and Commissioner
of Higher Education in the selection of the next Chancellor of the University of Montana
- The Committee shall recommend a Leadership Advertisement and/or University Profile
representing the criteria for the position of Chancellor of the University of Montana
Western. The Committee is directed to consider inclusion of strong demonstrated skills
which address the special focus status of the University of Montana Western.
- Appointees to the Committee will serve without predetermined bias for or against any
prospective candidates nominated, referred, or discovered in the search process.
- Committee members will agree to review all candidates in accordance with the adopted
equal education and opportunity guideline, i.e., without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, political ideas, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
physical or mental disability, national origin, or ancestry.
- Committee members shall commit to preserve the confidentiality of the search process
and candidate identities. Such confidentiality is essential to the successful outcome
of the search and must be maintained with professionalism and diligence at all times
throughout the search process.
- Committee members will serve with the understanding that the Committee will meet frequently
over a period of months and that attendance at scheduled meetings is a top priority.
- The Committee shall work with the advice of executive search consultants to search
and screen for appropriate candidates. The Committee shall evaluate nominations and
- The Committee will present to the Board of Regents and Commissioner an unranked list of candidates who are the most qualified for selection as the next Chancellor of the University of Montana Western. The Committee will work to advance the finalist(s) to the Commissioner by April 7, 2021.