May 20-21, 1999
ITEM 103-2003-R0599 Authorization to Renovate the Basement of AJM Johnson Hall; Montana State University-Bozeman
THAT: Consistent with the provisions of MCA 18-2-102, the Board of Regents of Higher Education authorizes Montana State University - Bozeman to renovate the basement of AJM Johnson Hall to accommodate a research spectrum laboratory. The estimated cost for this project is $550,000.
- AJM Johnson Hall was constructed in 1954, and has received only limited renovation attention since. Minor areas of the first and second floor were rearranged as part of the EPS project, however, nothing was done in the basement.
- The basement was vacated by the Physics Dept at the completion of the EPS Project and is now available for renovation for new research uses.
- This project will renovate the basement by installing new energy efficient lighting, reconfiguring existing space to meet new research needs and addressing some existing code problems.
- This project will be financed with overhead revenues from research grants and will result in no new programs.
- This project requires the authorization of the Board of Regents and the consent of the Governor.