State Authorization for Degree-Granting Institutions

Welcome to the Montana State Authorization website. Click on the links below to learn more about our application process, to view authorized institutions, or to learn more about the MUS complaint process.  Please note that the State of Montana is a member of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement.

Authorization Requirements & Application Process

Find Institutions Authorized to Operate in Montana

State Authorization Complaint Process

Information on Authorization Requirements in Other States


Contact the Montana State Authorization Compliance Officer