DATE: November 12, 2001
TO: Board of Regents
FROM: Terry Hetrick, President, Dawson Community College
RE: Campus Report for the November 15-16, 2001 Board of Regents' Meeting
- DCC is embarking on several new/improvement transfer articulation agreements with Montana colleges and universities, the majority of which are "2 + 2" agreements. In addition, some will feature dual or concurrent student status at both institutions. These arrangements are designed to help increase the number of students attending and completing baccalaureate programs at Montana colleges and universities.
- On November 9, 2001, DCC conducted a "Campus View Day" for prospective students and their parents. Three times each year, the College hosts such activities for the sole intent of familiarizing students with the campus and college programs and services. As a result, the majority of students attending complete admission and financial aid forms for the upcoming academic year. These events have proven to be effective means of promoting the college and recruiting new students.
- In October, the College received a gift of nearly 200 political campaign buttons that span over 100 years covering national and state elections. This collection will be on permanent display at the College.
- On the evening of October 31, DCC Music students hosted a Halloween party for community children. Nearly 100 children, parents, and college students participated in this event.
- On November 12, 2001, the DCC Board of Trustees conducted a special meeting to address college athletic facilities. At the present time, the Board is considering the construction of a rodeo arena/agricultural complex, a gymnasium, and a baseball/softball complex. All three of these facilities are needed, but finances require appropriate prioritization based largely on the availability of facilities within the community.