Tips for Using Zoom
- Prior to the meeting, make sure you are using the latest version of the Zoom conferencing software: https://zoom.us/download
- The meeting will be recorded
- Plan to “join” your meeting a few minutes before it officially starts
- Join Audio from a single device.
- All other devices must remain disconnected from audio.
- Connecting more than one device to audio will cause echo and audio feedback in the meeting.
- Mute yourself upon joining a meeting to reduce background noise
- Screen View
- We suggest setting your screen to the side-by-side option to be able to view the agenda and panelists.
- Raise Your Hand Feature
- During a meeting, click the icon labeled “Participants” at the bottom of your screen
- At the bottom of the window on the right side of the screen, click the button labeled “Raise Hand”
- Your digital hand will then be raised, lower it by clicking the same button.
- The same method can be used to raise your hand in a Zoom meeting on a mobile device.