Montana's Workforce Development Engine
- More than 80% of Montana’s University System resident student graduates join Montana’s workforce.
- Over 1,000 MUS students graduate with degrees in health professions every year.
- Each of the MUS 16 campuses delivers high quality, hands-on, and innovative trades and technical education.
- Montana’s Two-Year and Community College Campuses partner with private business and
industry partners to strengthen community workforce pipelines. Highlights include:
- Helena College and Boeing
- Missoula College and ATG Cognizant
- Gallatin College and Bridger Aerospace
- Great Falls College and distance-education partnerships with local healthcare providers around the state
- Montana State University Northern and Accelerated Apprenticeships in Electrical and Plumbing, serving businesses in several locations across Montana
- Dawson Community College and Stortz Angus Ranch
Serving All Montanans
- American Indian students comprise nearly a quarter (23%) of all postsecondary Career and Technical Education student concentrators served by the Carl D. Perkins Grant in Montana.
- The Montana University System has prioritized innovative delivery methods for Career
& Technical Education programs in order to provide needed training and education opportunities
to students in every community. Opportunities include:
- University of Montana Western’s Online Teacher Certification, helping solve teacher shortages in rural Montana
- Miles Community College partnered with the Montana Farm Bureau and the Montana Meat Processors Association to address critical workforce shortages using an innovative “hub and spoke” model
- Great Falls College expanded the AAS degree program in respiratory therapy via distance-education and partnerships with other colleges and local healthcare providers
- Flathead Valley Community College is partnering statewide with Montana hospitals to pivot existing employee skills to meet acute needs for Medical Lab Technicians through online learning and student-centered clinical placement agreements.