Montana Institutional Nursing Incentive Program (MINIP)
Program Application Instructions
Applications for the Montana Institutional Nursing Incentive Program (MINIP) are reviewed and considered once each year. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered. The applicant's responsibility is to ensure all items are received by the Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education (OCHE) by the stated deadline. The number and amount of awards are determined based upon the pool of eligible applicants and available state funding. Note the current application cycle listed below.
Next Application Cycle: March 1, 2023 - May 15, 2023
Application Deadline: May 15, 2023
Instructions To Apply:
- Create an account on the Award Montana portal. All steps of the application process will be conducted through the Award Montana portal.
- Be a registered professional nurse licensed by the Montana Board of Nursing, pursuant to § 37-8-406, MCA.
- Be employed full-time by either the Montana State Prison or the Montana State Hospital.
- Have an existing loan balance of at least $1,000.
- Submit proof of your nursing educational loans by completing a Loan Information and
Verification Form, with your lender, as part of your application materials. For consolidated
loans, documentation from the lender or loan servicer outlining the individual loan
numbers, loan dates, and loan amounts included in the consolidation is required. Include
a current loan statement of account for each loan verification form completed and
- "Educational loans" for this program include any loan made to the student pursuant
to a federal or private education loan program, except federal parent PLUS loans for
undergraduate students, as provided in 20 USC § 1078-2. Personal private loans do
not qualify for loan repayment.
- "Educational loans" for this program include any loan made to the student pursuant to a federal or private education loan program, except federal parent PLUS loans for undergraduate students, as provided in 20 USC § 1078-2. Personal private loans do not qualify for loan repayment.
NOTE: Qualified nursing education loans being repaid under any other loan repayment program are not eligible for repayment under MINIP. Do not apply for state loan repayment for any loans being paid by another loan repayment program.