ACADEMIC AND STUDENT AFFAIRS
The University of Montana Western
Great Room, Swysgood Technology Center
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
1:00 – 4:30 PM
1:00 PM Roll Call and Review of Minutes.
1:10 PM ACTION
- Exception to Policy 301.12, Radiologic Technology programs at four institutions.
ITEM 138-103-R0308 | Supporting Material ITEM 138-103-R0308
- Exception to Policy 301.12, Respiratory Therapy programs at two institutions. ITEM 138-104-R0308 | Supporting Material ITEM 138-104-R0308
Level II Items
- Revision of program offerings in Department of Health and Human Development, MSU-Bozeman.
ITEM 138-2004-R0108 | Supporting Material ITEM 138-2004-R0108
- Energy Research Institute, MSU-Bozeman.
ITEM 136-2002-R0907 | Supporting Material ITEM 136-2002-R0907
- Associate of Applied Science degree in Construction Technology-Carpentry, MSU-Billings
College of Technology.
ITEM 138-2703-R0108 | Supporting Material ITEM 138-2703-R0108
- Certificate of Applied Science in Medical Coding and Insurance Billing, MSU-Billings
College of Technology.
ITEM 138-2704-R0108 | Supporting Material ITEM 138-2704-R0108
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geosciences, with two programs of study in Earth History,
Evolution and Resources; and Water, Climate and Environment, UM-Missoula. ITEM 138-1001-R0108| Supporting Material ITEM 138-1001-R0108
- Bachelor of Science dual degree in International Field Geosciences in
collaboration with University College Cork in Ireland and Potsdam
University in Germany, UM-Missoula. ITEM 138-1002-R0108 | Supporting Material ITEM 138-1002-R0108
- Bachelor of Science degree in Interdisciplinary Geosciences, UM-
Missoula. ITEM 138-1003-R0108| Supporting Material ITEM 138-1003-R0108
- Creation of a new Department of Communicative Sciences and Disorders, UM-Missoula. ITEM 138-1004-R0108 | Supporting Material ITEM 138-1004-R0108
- Conversion of the following Certificates to Certificates of Applied Science: Building
Maintenance, Carpentry, Computer System
Technician, Culinary Arts, Customer Relations, Heavy Equipment
Operation, Medical Reception, Pharmacy Technology, Recreational
Power Equipment, Sales and Marketing, and Welding Technology,
UM-Missoula College of Technology.
ITEM 138-1005-R0108| Supporting Material ITEM 138-1005-R0108
- Creation of a new Electrical Engineering Department, MT Tech of UM.
ITEM 138-1501-R0108 | Supporting MaterialITEM 138-1501-R0108
- Associate of Applied Science degree in Equine Studies, Miles CC.
ITEM 138-401-R0108 | Supporting Material ITEM 138-401-R0108
- Associate of Applied Science degree in Power Plant Technology,
ITEM 136-2705-R0907 | Supporting Material ITEM 136-2705-R0907
2:45 PM INFORMATION
- Diversity Report, Montana University System. Brad Eldredge, OCHE
- Update on model nursing curriculum. Roger Barber, OCHE
- Update on two-year and certificate programs and possible moratoriums. Roger Barber, OCHE
- Discussion of campus recruiting strategies. Jed Liston, UM-Missoula; and Stacy Klippenstein,
- Grateful Nation. President Dennison, UM-Missoula
- Indian Education for All student projects at UM-Missoula teacher education program.
Roberta Evans, UM-Missoula
- Proposal to award graduate degrees, retroactively, to architecture students. MSU-Bozeman
- NASH Access to Success update. Commissioner Stearns
4:00 PM CONSENT
- Level I Memorandum
- Addition of International Baccalaureate score to Policy 301.16, Writing Proficiency ITEM 138-105-R0308| Supporting Material ITEM 138-105-R0308
4:15 PM PUBLIC COMMENT.
4:30 PM ADJOURN on completion of business.